Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Axe is Staying in Madison




Tomorrow the Badgers play the Gophers in Madison for Homecoming. The winner takes home the Paul Bunyan Axe, which has served as the trophy for this rivalry since 1948. I'll be up at 9:00 AM to watch the game and I hopefully won't wake up my wife with all my yelling and screaming. Tonight I'll drink to a victory and in the morning I'll hopefully watch the Badgers get their sixth win of the season. ON WISCONSIN!!

Update:
After writing this post I saw this story on ESPN: "Hazing, booze, sex led to Wisconsin band probation." Intrigued, I read on.

UW-Madison Chancellor John Wiley said a band member was pressured into shaving his head in a hazing incident and other members danced seminude during the band's trip to the Sept. 23 University of Michigan football game.

"It has become increasingly clear that certain types of sexualized and hazing behavior are an ingrained part of the band's culture," Wiley said Thursday. "We will not provide an ongoing venue for this inappropriate and demeaning behavior."

So let me get this straight, Chancellor Wiley is shocked by booze and sex at UW? This of course begs the question, has Chancellor Wiley ever actually set foot in Madison?

No comments: