Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blogging update ...

I've been going pretty strong here in my "return to blogging" effort managing about a post a day except for Fridays and Saturdays. Most of my posts have focused on news and politics, but of course there is room for a whole lot of other things.

One of the mistakes that people often make about Israel is basing their impression of the country solely on what is reported in the news. This gives a horribly skewed view of the country, and fails to relate just how normal life is here.

I hope to work into future posts some more of the things that I love about Tel Aviv and the energy of the city. It's a really great place to live as a (somewhat) young person, with seemingly endless opportunities for good food and entertainment.

One of the fabulous features of the city is of course the beautiful beach and promenade that fronts the western side of town. I'm not much of a beach person, but the atmosphere and the scenery makes for a wonderful place to waste some time. Or, as I plan to do this evening, go running.

Speaking of running, in October, I'll be doing the Nike Night Run Tel Aviv 10k race. This will be my third time doing this run, and it is one of the few things that motivates me to keep running.

I hope to post some photos from the race once I'm done, and maybe update the blog with my progress in getting ready.

No comments: