Any time Israel takes a step for peace there is inevitably a violent response from somewhere in the Palestinian camp.
A few hours ago, four Israelis, two men and two women aged about 25 and 40 and apparently from the same family, were killed near Hebron in the West Bank. Terrorists shot at their car, and then approached and made sure they were dead. It's unclear at this time who exactly was responsible for the attack since no terror group has come forward to claim responsibility. It doesn't really matter.
No one should be surprised by this. Every single Israeli gesture is always met with violence. Every offer, every withdrawal, any step towards peace. It's the radicals way of claiming victory and making their "voice" heard.
This is what happens when people have the intention to kill. They walk up to a car with four innocent people and shoot until everyone is dead.
But some people don't understand that concept.
Earlier today Israeli Arab MK Hanin Zoabi told a UN Human Rights panel that the Israeli soldiers who boarded the Mavi Marmara intended to kill the passengers on board.
She said "We were very peaceful activists, but the commandoes came to kill."
She said this despite the fact that:
- Activists on the ship had expressed their desire to die
- Activists on the ship had threatened a violent confrontation if the IDF boarded the ship
- Activists attacked the soldiers as soon as they reached the ship
- Activists used live fire against the soldiers
And also that:
- Soldiers boarded the ship with paintball guns
- Three soldiers were captured and others badly injured
- Five other boats were captured without incident
- Deaths only occurred on the Mavi Marmara, where Zuabi was located
This woman claimed that there were no armed activists on the boat and that she didn't see anyone with clubs or knives. She said this even after video appeared of her standing 10 feet from a group of men holding iron bars.
That is what people do when the have the intention to kill, they prepare weapons and declare their readiness to die. They don't board boats with paintball guns.
When people have the intention to kill, they spray bullets towards a car carrying innocent people, including a pregnant woman. Then they walk up to the car and shoot the people at point blank range to make sure they're dead.